Friday, September 12, 2008

More Fall Warblers

Many of the Warblers that pass through Saskatoon on their journey south have already gone, but if you look hard enough along the riverbank and some of the parks within town, you might locate a few stragglers.

Here are some found over the past week :

Orange-crowned Warbler - I found this one on the east side of the river yesterday morning :



Bay-breasted Warbler - This was found with some friends at President Murray Park :



Yellow-rumped (Myrtle)Warbler - These are one of the Warblers that are still hanging around. This was taken at Buena Vista Park this week :



Black & White Warbler - My friend and I found this female at President Murray Park :



Magnolia Warbler - Always a nice one to find, This male was at Buena Vista Park this week :



Yellow Warbler - I found this 1st year female eating flower seeds at Gabriel Dumont Park last Saturday on the day of the Fall bird count :

10 comments:

Nick S said...

Thankyou. I couldn't have asked for a better background on that one.
As much as Fall reminds me that Winter isn't far away, it sure is beautiful out there .

2sweetnsaxy said...

These are great! I finally got some pics of birds today but they pale so in comparison to these. I've got a nice zoom but not that nice. :-)

The Birdlady said...

Nick, after my beloved bluebirds, I think the warblers are my favorites - and your photos are just amazing.

Nick S said...

Thankyou for the kind words ladies :-)

Mike said...

Thanks for the comment you left, glad you did, you have some truly beautiful bird pics here, man after my own heart. I've added you to my links so I can drop by, I noticed you have changed the layout of your blog, I have only just recently finshed mine so if I can help give me a shout, might be able to take some of the hassle out of adding borders to your images and stuff.
Mike.

Nick S said...

Thanks Mike, I'll certainly be visiting your blog again.
I'll keep in mind what you said about layouts etc. Still in the process of tweaking mine :-)

me ann my camera said...

Your photos are all beautiful and what a wonderful variety of warblers you have found to photograph! Your site if fascinating with such lovely bird photography and I shall be sure to visit again.
ann in new brunswick

Nick S said...

Thanks very much Ann . Nice to see you here :-)

Anna Simpson said...

A fantastic set of photographs you have here Nick I love the photograph of the Yellow Warbler, it's great, I like how you have incorporated it into its natural surroundings.

Nick S said...

Thanks Anna. Nice to see you again :-)