Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Gabriel Dumont Park

At the end of June I lead a group of birders and local nature enthusiasts around Gabriel Dumont Park which is situated within the city and borders part of the river.
It is a favorite park of mine and is only 20 minutes from my house.

Here are some photos from the day and some that were taken the following morning when I returned there for an early morning walk.

Red-winged Blackbird male:



Red-winged Blackbird female :



Red-eyed Vireo :



Franklin's Ground Squirrel :



Cedar Waxwing :



Song Sparrow :

9 comments:

The Birdlady said...

There you are! I've been anxiously awaiting your next post, and I was NOT disappointed. Stunning images, as always. Thankyou!

kjpweb said...

Excellent all around! Wonderful images. The red eyed Vireo would be my favorite! ('cause I never saw one life!)
Thank you for sharing and Cheers, Klaus

Nick S said...

Thanks for the comments guys. Sorry for the long delay with the update. I have been on holiday :-)

2sweetnsaxy said...

Really great pictures. Sure wish some of these beauties would happen my way.

Nick S said...

thanks for the kind words :-) I just came back from another 3 day trip up north, so there will be many more photos to come !

Shelley said...

Wow - the red wing photos were great - you definitely showed their personalities. All the pictures were great!

Nick S said...

Thanks Shelly :-)

John Theberge said...

Loved the photo of the male red winged blackbird. The soft green background is fantastic.

Photo-Africa said...

Great images all round!!