Friday, December 11, 2009

Great Horned Owl

Here's a Great Horned Owl from last Sunday near Martensville, Sk.
I'm lucky there was some blowing snow at the time the photo was taken. A shame we can't get that nice effect in all our Owl photos !

PS. My Saskatchewan Birds 2010 Calendar will be here tomorrow, so folks who live locally can email me to collect theirs in the afternoon. I will priority-ship the calendars to my friends in the US, to hopefully get them their orders before the 25th.
Sorry for the delay, they will be mailed out much earlier next year !

( Click to see full size )

11 comments:

uncadan8 said...

Wow! What a shot! Beautiful!

holdingmoments said...

Excellent shot Nick. A stunner.

Tina said...

Nick,
What a gorgeous shot of this bird!! Quite a bird to catch with your lens! Again..I'm jealous!! ;-)

Chris said...

Wow that's a splendid shot Nick... Look at its eyes, yellow, aware, widely opened!! This is woo, fantastic!

Anonymous said...

This is a beautiful shot, Nick. Every feather in its place and I didn't seem much noise at all. I wonder if you can tell me what lens you might have used for the picture?

Nick S said...

Many thanks guys !
Abraham , I used the Canon 100-400 L series lens.

Chris Petrak said...

I'm getting caught up, Nick - and all I can say about the GHOW & SEOW is wow. Wonderful photos.

Bill S. said...

Beautiful pictures. I love the owls and recently gots some great pictures of a Great Gray while hiking in the mountains.

Peggy said...

Love the snow effect on an already amazing photo! You must be an Owl whisperer!

JPT said...

Great eyes!

Hilary said...

Beautiful critter. Luck you for sharing its space.. and for being such a fine photographer.