Friday, January 11, 2008

Winter wonders..

Yesterday while out looking for the elusive Northern Cardinal ( that we missed by a mere 10 minutes ! ) I photographed a few of the regulars around the park as compensation .
Actually , I did get one bonus bird : A Male Red-shafted Northern Flicker . The first Male I've ever seen , only having seen a Female in our backyard 2 years ago.
He was a gorgeous bird, but unfortunately did not co-operate for a photo-op . Maybe I'll get a double-whammy and find both Red birds today !

Here are the birds seen at the feeder and around the park :

White-breasted Nuthatch - 4
Red-breasted Nuthatch - 5
Black-capped Chickadee - 7
Dark-eyed Junco - 1 ( bird number 57 for my winter list )
House Finch - 19
House Sparrow - 11
Hairy Woodpecker - 2
Downy Woodpecker - 2
White-winged Crossbill - 2
Red-shafted Flicker - 1
Sharp-shinned Hawk - 1

2 of the locals :



No comments: