Friday, January 4, 2008

A New Year, A New Blog

I have been meaning to upgrade my Blog site for some time now , but because of the way I previously displayed my photos, I was unnable to convert the old, to this new format which will be neater, easier to navigate, and be more user friendly for folks that have different monitor displays on their screens, or other web browsers. This way, everyone sees the same thing.
From now on, all photos on this new blog will be 'clickable' . In other words, to see the full size photo, you must click on it, and it will open in a new window.
The old blog was starting to look untidy because of me constantly trying to squash some of the larger photos onto the screen.
So, the new address for the blog is : http://saskbirder.blogspot.com/
The old blog : http://saskbirding.blogspot.com/ will still be there for everyone to look back on.
I must move with the times, and I hope this does not deter you from enjoying the photos.

So, here is the first new photo, from a visit to the Lakeshore Garden Nursery site today ( I had to get permission to look around) It didn't take too long before I was rewarded with yet another Townsend's Solitaire ( probably one of the three I counted on Boxing Day). The other two were singing their House Finch-like song while this one stuck around to eat berries .
Other birds seen today were a group of 6 White-winged Crossbills and 4 Golden-crowned Kinglets at President Murray Park.

Townsend's Solitaire

7 comments:

RedHatter67 said...

Did you mean to set this up in Espanol?
Also, it says there have been over 13,000 visitors since April 2006.

Talvez tienes una espiritu!!
Judy L

RedHatter67 said...

after I posted this comment, all switched back to Inglis.

Nick S said...

No, I thought I'd better keep it in English :-)
I've carried over the visitor counter from the last blog.

RedHatter67 said...

Tonite, everything opened in English......Guess the "ghosts & goblins" have left. :-}

Nick S said...

No Goblins here :-)

Hilke Breder said...

Love your photos. Great shots! Glad Greg pointed me to your blog. HB

Nick S said...

Thankyou , glad you like it !