Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Big July Update !

Sorry for the long delay in updating!
Recently my wife and I took a few days off work to enjoy some time at Prince Albert National Park, where we found a few nice things , as well as ending up with more than a few Mosquito bites!
In the couple of days I was there, I only located a few Warbler species , but the highlight was a handsome male Bay-breasted Warbler, and we both got nice looks at a young Black Bear.
I've also been out and about when I haven't been working, so there are a ton of new photos to share ...

First lot are from Prince Albert National Park :

Black Bear



Gray Jay



Bay-breasted Warbler



Spruce Grouse (female)



Ovenbird




White-tailed Deer fawn



Bonaparte's Gull




Now, some local sparrow species from parks around town :

Savannah Sparrow




Clay-colored Sparrow



Nelson's Sparrow

14 comments:

Ruth's Photo Blog said...

Stunning images as usual.

Carole Barkett said...

I always meant to go there, I do remember the mosquitoes thanks for braving them for the beautiful photos

Dominic Gendron said...

What an update, a lots of good image in here! Love the Spruce grouse and Bonaparte's Gull.

Philip said...

I have two favorites here the Nelson's Sparrow and the Fawn but they are all great as normal :)

holdingmoments said...

A superb selection Nick.
Such beautiful backgrounds to all of these too.
The fawn is a beauty!

Joanna Durczok said...

This is one, big, professional photo gallery You have here. I'm impressed. I like Your style. Your pictures are so natural and real. think I will visit You more often:)

Asia

grammie g said...

Great photos Chris...looks like you had a great trip...will be looking forward for more!!!
Love the black bear ....but when I was growing up in Northern Maine we saw alot of then and was not always thrilled!!!
Your birds a wonderful shots...I remember the first time I ever saw a oven bird and almost stepped on its nest in the woods near my home....I was so amazed at the way its nest was built!!!
Thanks for sharing!!!

Barbara Martin said...

I've seem an Ovenbird before, but never knew what it was called. Lovely photos.

FAB said...

Another great series Nick, suberbly composed. FAB.

Nick S said...

Thanks friends !

Kelly said...

Beautiful photos. Love the Nelson's and the Bay-breasted (love them all!). I'd love to come across a bear cub...beautiful shot! I am way behind also. It has been so busy here this year.

Chris Petrak said...

Your photography is wonderful and I hope things will slow down for me so I can stay current. Especially love the gray jay, baybreasted (I only had a fleeting look at one in the Gaspe) and the nelson's.

Unknown said...

Beautiful series Nick. I especially like the shots where the bird is singing...Thomas

sebi_2569 said...

very beautiful photo; bravo