Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Catching Up !

It feels like I haven't blogged in ages, but I have been out and about, birding and taking photos quite a bit in my spare time.
Migration is in full swing here and I have many new year birds that I will list later.
For now, I hope you enjoy some of my latest pictures , but be warned, there are lots for this update ! :

As usual, all photos are best viewed full size, by left clicking on them.

Red-winged Blackbird



Ruddy Duck



Moose



Chipping Sparrow




Least Chipmunk



Clay-colored Sparrow



Canvasback




Yellow-headed Blackbird




Red-necked Phalarope



Spotted Towhee



Sora



Beaver

12 comments:

Shelley said...

Great photos Nick - each subject looked like they posed perfectly for you! Love the one of the red winged blackbird - he looks sassy!

Birding is Fun! said...

Very nice photos! We'd been missing your posts, but it was certainly worth the wait.

Blondi Blathers said...

Wow! How did you manage to get a shot of the sora? I'm impressed. We've got them around the slough in our back yard, but I've never managed to spot one.

grammie g said...

Good collection of photos!!! My favorite is the Yellow Headed Blackbird....seeing so many different birds is great!! Does that duck really have a blue bill....and does the Canvasback have those red eyes?????

Nick S said...

Thanks guys ! Yep the Canvasback male has a very prominent red eye, and the male Ruddy duck certainly does have that striking blue bill.

Anonymous said...

Superb set of images Nick.
The two different Blackbirds are really special.

Ruth's Photo Blog said...

Great selection of pictures.Migration time is a busy time,have fun.
Blessings,Ruth

Frank Baron said...

Some great shots there. Quite of few of those birds are new to me. (I live in southern Ontario.)

Love the first shot. Redwing blackbirds are my truest harbinger of Spring. And the yellow-headed black bird is quite striking. Never seen one of them before.

Good stuff.

Mary Howell Cromer said...

These are all very wonderful, yet that Red-winged Blackbird image is awesome. Have a great weekend~

FAB said...

Another super selection you put together for us Nick. Enjoy migration time. Cheers FAB.

Carole Barkett said...

wonderful photos, I look forward to seeing what you post

Philip said...

wow ! Nick your Red-winged Blackbird looks very similar to our Black widow Bird great shot :)