Friday, November 6, 2009

Snow Bunting at Prince Albert National Park

A couple of weeks ago when we were at P.A.N.P , my wife and I decided to walk the 'Boundary Bog' Trail to look for Spruce Grouse.
Unfortunately none could be found that day, but we did find a lone Snow Bunting on the outskirts of the trail, at first sitting on the handrail of one of the paths, and then he conveniently landed on a lovely spruce perch covered in ' old mans beard' .

As with all photos, please click on it, to view in better quality and size :

13 comments:

JPT said...

Beautiful shot of a beautiful bird.

Ruth's Photo Blog said...

What a treat to see this bird in a sitting position.Usually they are in flight.
Blessings,Ruth

holdingmoments said...

Superb as always Nick.
That background is a perfect compliment to the bird.
Excellent.

Chris Petrak said...

Very, very nice!! - except for they are also bringing with them

Kelly said...

Ohhhhh.....gorgeous. I have yet to see a Snow Bunting. I'm hoping to find one this winter. I love their soft colors. Your photo is perfect. I still need to order my calendars. I keep forgetting!

Nick S said...

Thanks guys :-)
The calendar deadline for orders is Nov 12th.

Andor Marton said...

Very nice capture with a superb background!

Mike said...

Another stunning shot Nick and congrats in having a pic used for a calander.

Suzanne said...

This is the first time I've even seen a picture of them. That's a a great pose and the colors are perfect. It looks like the two of your worked it out to his best advantage. Thanks!

Nick S said...

Cheers guys !

FAB said...

A truly excellent composition Nick of a species I hope to find next week when we visit North Norfolk plus we will have to keep our eyes & ears open for a Lapland! FAB

Chris said...

Fantastic shot Nick. I never managed to get them that beautifully and in opened space like that... They are very scared around here!

Rocky M said...

Hey Nick !,Great to catch up with your blog again.This is stunning as is the wolf and of course many others.

All the best,
Rocky