Monday, May 4, 2009

More Migrants Arrive

Well , I've been very busy the past few days, and so have the birds it seems.
There are more new species to add to my year list and I've had some nice sightings, so this is quite a big update with lots of pictures.
I often take several shots of one particular species and won't always post those photos here on the blog, as it will take up a lot of space.
I will add those shots to my Saskatchewan Wildlife Gallery as seen on the sidebar to the right.
As always, click to see full size...

Yellow-bellied Sapsucker




Ruby-crowned Kinglet



Eastern Phoebe



American Kestrel



Hermit Thrush



Purple Finch



Fox Sparrow



Common Grackle



Orange-crowned Warbler



Yellow-rumped Warbler



Franklins Ground Squirrel



New year birds :
Wilson's Snipe
Sprague's Pipit
Fox Sparrow
Orange-crowned Warbler
Glaucous Gull
Ruby-crowned Kinglet
Brown-headed Cowbird
Chipping Sparrow

New year wildlife :
Franklins Ground Squirrel
Garter Snake

13 comments:

Aunt "B's" Backyard said...

When are you going to publish a book, Nick!!! Beautifully displayed.

Ruth's Photo Blog said...

A great collection of photos.Spring is so wonderful.
Blessings,Ruth

Kelly said...

Wow! So beautiful...all the birds are exquisite and I've never seen a Franklin's Ground Squirrel. This winter, I only saw two Yellow-bellied Sapsuckers, so I'm glad one visited you. (Our winter birds are your summer birds...it's so nice to see them on your blog and know where they went for the summer!)

I also have to add that I bought "Birds and Blooms" two days ago and when i got home found the article about you. I called my hubby and son over, "Hey, check this out. I read Nick's blog!" Very cool. I'm glad I know a celebrity. It's a very nice article.

holdingmoments said...

Beautiful pictures again Nick. That Purple Finch is a stunner.

Nick S said...

Thanks for the kind words guys.
Glad you got to see my article Kelly, I wish I had the money of a celebrity :-)

The Birdlady said...

No surprise that every one is perfect! Is it warming up there yet?

Chris said...

HI NIck,
Well done this set of picture is just wonderful! I love the
Ruby-crowned Kinglet and the yellow-rumped warbler, these are gorgeous birds and you got very nice shots of them. Cngrats and thanks for sharing those pics with us. I'll go to your Pbase gallery soon to check it out :-)

Shelley said...

You should publish a book Nick! These are just so wonderful! (And congrats on the article in Birds & Bloom!!)

Nick S said...

Thanks guys ! I do plan on getting a book made at some point. I just need to get a few more species under my belt :-)

SAPhotographs (Joan) said...

I do love that Kestrel Nick. It is always nice to add new species to our lists. :)

2sweetnsaxy said...

Wow. That's some set of photos. I actually saw a woodpecker the other day and finally got a shot in focus but nothing like yours. They're wonderful. :-)

Nick S said...

Thanks for the kind words :-)

Matt Latham said...

Fabulous set of images.